Combine your love of travel, fine art, food & wine into an unforgettable life experience at this art workshop in France. Taylor Smith Artist Workshops are intimate and personal.
Contemporary small group artist workshops with Taylor Smith are a wonderful opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the study of creating artworks within classically beautiful landscapes. With the instruction of a knowledgeable, accomplished, and passionate teacher, you will experience first-hand the best of food, art history and travel.
You are invited to enjoy a fantastic program of artistic skills building while completely immersing ourselves in the chateau life. In this Southern French workshop, you will learn to explore new contemporary skills including composition, perspective, color theory and many others. We will draw inspiration from local landscapes and venture to beautiful destinations on a daily basis. Taylor will show you how to take photos as your visual base for successful workshop exploration through reference shots. Then you will learn you how to translate your local experience into bold and creative new artworks. Other activities include visiting fresh markets, tasting wines at local vineyards, exploring the contemporary art collections of Southern France, seeing some of the most breath-taking villages of Provence and the Luberon, as well as shopping adventures to the greatest Provencal markets.
What’s included in this artist travel workshop tour of France?
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in historic stone home in the Luberon region of Southern France. Your private artist workshop retreat is near a protected heritage forest and within walking distance to the quaint small village of Cabrieres and centrally located to many other mountain villages in the Luberon. (There will also be select workshops in 2018 and 2019 in the Bordeaux region in Southwestern France so please inquire if you are interested)
- Chef-style locally prepared breakfast, lunch and bountiful evening meals with locally sourced fine wines from the vineyards of Southern France and the Luberon
- 5 mornings of intensive art workshop instruction with art creation. A break for a wonderful local meal and then afternoon programs of study and travel to places of artistic interest. Helpful critique of your artwork in the evenings
- All materials including paints, premium brushes, canvas, Arches paper and all other necessary workshop supplies and equipment are provided
- Guided tour of local art museum and historical structures on excursion day
- Intimate art workshop group sizes ranging from 6 to 10 members
- Customized activities for non-painting partners including cycling tours, regional cooking classes, local wine tastings and vineyard tours, shopping excursions & architectural tours
- Pick-up/drop-off to and from airport or local train station at stated times
For Groups: If you are wishing to book an artist workshop tour with your established painting or travel group, we are happy to arrange a specific art workshop course of your choice. Group discounts apply. Simply contact us with your requirements.
Non-painting partners are welcome at a reduced rate and can join us on all our trips and excursions. Optional customized activities are available for non-painting partners during art workshop creative times. 25% per person deposit required to reserve the art workshop. Balance is due five months prior to artist workshop departure date.
Dates will be flexible based on your group! Simply inquire by submitting the form and we will provide available artist travel workshop date options.
7 Day Art Workshop Course Price including accommodation and meals:
- Twin/Double room per person - $ Please inquire
- Single Room - (limited availability) - $ Please inquire
- Does not include airfare or transportation to workshop location
Taylor Smith has been teaching artist travel workshops for more than 20 years in Europe and the United States. She studied fine art at the Akademie der Bildenun Künste (AdBK) in Berlin and Nürnberg as well as having assisted and participated in far ranging projects with many artists, including Keith Haring / West Berlin 1987.
Drawing upon her many years of living and painting in Europe, Taylor Smith offers an immersive travel and art workshop where you will learn masterful abstract art techniques, relax in a beautiful historic home while you enjoy fine wine and professionally prepared local cuisine.
Journey to France for an unbelievable artist workshop adventure in art and travel! Enrich your artistic practice while experiencing historic culture, local cuisine and the beautiful landscapes of Provence, Bordeaux and the Southern Coastal areas. Relax and enjoy an artist travel workshop under the guidance and tutelage of an experienced and compassionate artist, teacher, and fellow traveler!
Request more information or explore a detailed art workshop brochure:
As artists and travelers, when we think about Provence what comes to mind? Fields of lavender assuredly, Van Gogh’s sunflowers, an olive tree and a glass of dry rosé? A slower pace of life, a bottle of wine under the shade of trees in a village square, a coffee at a sidewalk café, or a long walk in the footsteps of the artistic giants who painted here in centuries past? Well-known as a wine region, there are also numerous vineyards to explore and vintages to try as you wind your way through this delightful part of the French countryside. Of course you will also find gorgeous wineyards, rivers and pathways that attract artists to the area. Provence is also renowned for its historic Roman ruins which dot the landscape and give this area it’s historical gravitas. We will also find a vast array of museums focusing on everything from ancient times to the era of 20th century modern art. There are many galleries housing works by painters such as Van Gogh and Picasso, which makes this an ideal location to release your fears and learn new artistic skills and techniques. Join us as we explore the French landscape, create exciting new artworks and enjoy the food and wine that has sustained artists since the days of the ancients.
Check out more Artist Travel Workshops