Combine your love of travel, fine art, food & wine into an unforgettable life experience. Taylor Smith Artist Travel Workshops to Bavaria and Southern Germany are intimate and personal.
Contemporary small group art workshops in Europe with Taylor Smith are a wonderful opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the study of creating artworks within classically beautiful landscapes. With the instruction of a knowledgeable, accomplished, and passionate instructor, you will experience first-hand the best of food, art history and travel.
You've simply got to hand it to the Germans, their vast wealth of artistic talent has monopolized the blazing new contemporary arts scene for at least the last decade and still shows no signs of waning. Enrich your artistic practice in the heart of southern Germany while experiencing historic German culture, local places of interest and the beautiful landscapes of Bavaria. You will benefit from our years of experience in Germany and with the local artistic community. Your artist instructor lived and created right here for many years while studying and refining her art practice. Taylor attended the Academy of Fine Arts (AdBK) in both Nürnberg and Berlin all while painting, working in the local economy and traveling extensively. Now drawing upon her many years of residency in Germany, Taylor hopes to share this exciting land and arts culture with you. She hosts art workshops near Nürnberg and Munich where you will learn masterful abstract art techniques among towering pine trees, lakes and landscapes. Relax in a traditional and historic chalet-style home all while enjoying fine German wines and beer along with local cuisine professionally prepared in our home.
What’s included in this art workshop tour of Southern Germany?
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in historic stone farmhouse in Southern Germany in the beautiful northern Bavarian region conveniently near historic Nuremberg, Rothenberg and the Romantic Road. Within short distance to medieval walled towns, beautiful beer gardens and the granduer of the German Alps
- Chef-style locally prepared breakfast, lunch and bountiful evening meals with locally sourced fine Franconian wines and beers
- 5 mornings of intensive art workshop instruction with art creation. A break for a wonderful local meal and then afternoon programs of study and travel to places of artistic & historical interest. Helpful critique of your artwork in the evenings
- All materials including paints, premium brushes, canvas, Arches paper and all other necessary workshop supplies and equipment are provided
- Guided tour of local art museum and historical structures on excursion day
- Intimate art workshop group sizes ranging from 6 to 10 members
- Customized activities for non-painting partners including cycling tours, regional cooking classes, German wine & beer tastings, shopping excursions & architectural tours
- Pick-up/drop-off to and from airport or local train station at stated times
For Groups: If you are wishing to book an artist travel workshop tour with your established painting or travel group, we are happy to arrange a specific art workshop course of your choice. Group discounts apply. Simply contact us with your requirements.
Non-painting partners are welcome at a reduced rate and can join us on all our trips and excursions. Optional customized activities are available for non-painting partners during art workshop creative times. 25% per person deposit required to reserve the art workshop. Balance is due five months prior to art workshop departure date.
Dates will be flexible based on your group! Simply inquire by submitting the form and we will provide available art workshop date options.
PLEASE NOTE: 2018 is now SOLD OUT with the exception of 8 person groups or larger. If you have your own group we can arrange an autumn workshop. Otherwise, please inquire now for 2019!
7 Day Art Travel Workshop Course Price including accommodation and meals::
- Twin/Double room per person - $ Please Inquire
- Single Room (limited number available) - $ Please Inquire
- Does not include airfare or transportation to art workshop location
Taylor Smith has been teaching artist travel workshops for more than 20 years in Europe and the United States. She studied fine art at the Akademie der Bildenun Künste (AdBK) in Berlin and Nürnberg as well as having assisted and participated in far ranging projects with many artists, including Keith Haring / West Berlin 1987.
Drawing upon her many years of living and painting in Germany, Taylor Smith offers an immersive travel and art workshop where you will learn masterful abstract art techniques, relax in a beautiful historic home while you enjoy fine wine and professionally prepared local cuisine.
Journey to Germany for an unbelievable adventure in art and travel! Enrich your artistic practice while experiencing historic culture, local cuisine and the beautiful landscapes of Germany. Relax and enjoy an art workshop under the guidance and tutelage of an experienced and compassionate artist, teacher, and fellow traveler!
Request more information or explore a detailed art workshop brochure:
If there’s such a thing as the European Top 10 Awards Munich, in the heart of Bavaria, is certainly a leading contender. Germany’s favorite city often ranks head-to-head with the world’s best cities and it’s easy to see why, with gorgeous lakes and mountains almost touching the city, a fine list of historic and cultural sights, world-class shopping and the air of confidence that comes from all this. Munich also has a thriving contemporary arts scene and is at the foot of the Bavarian Alps. Moving north just an hour or so, Nürnberg, despite such unbelievable destruction during WWII, remains convincingly medieval in appearance. When exploring surviving cobblestone streets of half-timbered houses in the city’s Altstadt, which is still completely enveloped by its medieval walls, it’s not difficult to imagine how the city of Albrecht Dürer, Hans Sachs or the Meistersingers might have looked. The jewel-like hilltop town of Rothenburg ob der Tauber lies on the Romantic Road and has a miraculous legacy of perfectly preserved half-timber medieval homes and Renaissance buildings with which it charms visitors today. Rothenburg’s Germanic beauty is undeniable and it’s charm leaves a lasting impression. These areas within Southern Germany that we host our artist workshops are some of the most authentic in Germany and we believe they will dazzle you.
Check out more Artist Travel Workshops