Combine your love of travel, fine art, food & wine into an unforgettable life experience at this art workshop in Spain. Taylor Smith Artist Workshops are intimate and personal.
Contemporary small group artist workshops with Taylor Smith are a wonderful opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the study of creating artworks within classically beautiful landscapes. With the instruction of a knowledgeable, accomplished, and passionate artist and instructor, you will experience first-hand the best of food, art history and travel.
Allow Spain to seduce you! In Catalonia, where the Costa Brava joins mountain and sea, we will offer our exciting artistic workshop and tours. Stony cliffs, soft sandy coves, unspoiled beaches and further inland, an enchanting and magnificent history awaits you. Surreal Catalonia was also the home and creative playground for the world of Salvador Dali and boasts world-class food and wine as well. Join our workshops in this breathtaking area of Spain. Our intimate group of artists and art lovers will enjoy daily painting sessions paired with instruction and in-depth discussion, cultural visits (the Dali Museum and Barcelona) and gourmet food. Our accommodation in the heart of Catalonia is near quaint and picturesque villages as well as very close to the blue Mediterranean. Explore markets, world-class wineries and all that Spain has to offer while learning and practicing your new contemporary art skills and techniques that will remind you of this place each day back home.
And because we are so near to Barcelona with its impressive art and architecture, a day trip to this unique place is virtually a must! In Barcelona, we offer a tour of places touched by modernist architect extraordinaire, Antoni Gaudí. From the endless mosaic playground, Park Guell with it's extraordinary views of the city, to his masterpiece La Sagrada Familia, you will fall in love with the this Catalonian gem.
What’s included in this art travel workshop tour of Spain?
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in beautiful stone home in the Costa Brava region of Catalonia. Your private workshop retreat is near the sea and within a short distance to Palafrugell, and just over one hour’s drive from Barcelona
- Chef-style locally prepared breakfast, lunch and bountiful evening meals with locally sourced Spanish wines and Cava from nearby vineyards
- 5 mornings of intensive art workshop instruction with art creation. A break for a wonderful local meal and then afternoon programs of study and travel to places of artistic interest. Helpful critique of your artwork in the evenings
- All materials including paints, premium brushes, canvas, Arches paper and all other necessary workshop supplies and equipment are provided
- Guided tour of the Salvador Dalí art museum and the town of Girona on excursion day
- Intimate art workshop group sizes ranging from 6 to 10 members
- Customized activities for non-painting partners including cycling tours, cooking classes, vineyard visits, Barcelona excursions & architectural tours
- Pick-up/drop-off to and from airport or local train station at stated times
For Groups: If you are wishing to book an artist workshop tour with your established painting or travel group, we are happy to arrange a specific art workshop course of your choice. Group discounts apply. Simply contact us with your requirements.
Non-painting partners are welcome at a reduced rate and can join us on all our trips and excursions. Optional customized activities are available for non-painting partners during art workshop creative times. 25% per person deposit required to reserve the art workshop. Balance is due five months prior to workshop date.
Dates will be flexible based on your group! Simply inquire by submitting the form and we will provide available artist workshop date options.
7 Day Art Workshop Course Price including accommodation and meals:
- Twin/Double room per person - $ Please Inquire
- Single Room (limited number available) - $ Please Inquire
- Does not include airfare or transportation to art workshop location
Taylor Smith has been teaching artist travel workshops for more than 20 years in Europe and the United States. She studied fine art at the Akademie der Bildenun Künste (AdBK) in Berlin and Nürnberg as well as having assisted and participated in far ranging projects with many artists, including Keith Haring / West Berlin 1987.
Drawing upon her many years of living and painting in Europe and Spain, Taylor Smith offers an immersive art and travel workshop where you will learn masterful abstract art techniques, relax in a beautiful historic home while you enjoy fine wine and professionally prepared local cuisine.
Journey to Spain and Catalonia for an unbelievable artist workshop adventure in art and travel! Enrich your artistic practice while experiencing historic culture, local cuisine and the beautiful landscapes of the Costa Brava and Northern Spain. Relax and enjoy under the guidance and tutelage of an experienced and compassionate artist, teacher, and fellow traveler!
Request more information or explore a detailed art workshop brochure:
In Spain’s northeastern corner sits proudly independent Catalonia, with the charismatic city of Barcelona as its capital. Among Europe’s grandest cities, Barcelona has a history filled with amazing architectural treasures found in it’s winding gothic streets, including Gaudi’s playful modernism blended with towers of glass and steel. There is a heartfelt beauty in the streets and squares which serves as inspiration for history’s great artists and writers. All of this atmosphere makes exploring the hidden bars, cafes and contemporary galleries so very mesmerizing. With its own language and unique way of life, Catalonia feels well-defined from the rest of Spain and it’s towns and villages unveil an astounding beauty and grandeur. The peaks of the Pyrenees soar above meadows and glittering lakes, plains are marked with volcanic cones, rocky coves border sandy beaches and windblown capes give way to serene seaside paths and fertile vineyards. Enjoy nature, beautiful fishing villages, and our beautiful historic stone farmhouse which is home-base for each amazing day of our workshop. Truly an artist’s inspiration, Spain has something for everyone
Check out more Artist Travel Workshops