Combine your love of travel, fine art, food & wine into an unforgettable life experience at this art workshop in Morocco. Taylor Smith Artist Workshops are intimate and personal.
Contemporary small group artist workshops with Taylor Smith are a wonderful opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the study of creating artworks within classically beautiful landscapes. With the instruction of a knowledgeable, accomplished, and passionate artist and instructor, you will experience first-hand the best of food, art history and travel.
Truly our most exotic and luxurious artist travel workshop, this Moroccan artist holiday is packed with more than you could ever imagine. Our workshops here are deeply transformative and heavily influenced by the rich rainbows of color, spice markets, and the mysterious orchestra of daily life in Morocco. We will stay in the ultimate luxury of a private villa just outside Marrakech. Prepare for your senses to be slapped and awakened like never before. Marrakech's wonderful sights and sounds will amaze, excite and thrill!
Arabic lesson No. 1: “Fenn”. It means art, and it’s being uttered, printed and practiced like never before in this enchanted place. Artistry and a new culinary tradition have come alive in Morocco and it is easier now than ever to visit. Arabic lesson No. 2: “Yalla!” Let’s go!
What’s included in this art travel workshop tour of Morocco?
- 10 nights luxury accommodation in a beautiful oasis villa minutes from Marrakech. Your private workshop retreat will take place in ultimate 5-star luxury with an extraordinary garden, heated swimming pool, a hammam, and a full staff (including cook, maid, butler, gardener) to allow us to focus solely on our art. The garden is filled with magnificent palm trees and many covered terraces that offer the perfect spot to enjoy a mint tea or sketch and practice the day’s lessons. Bedrooms are furnished with exquisite restored furniture from the famous Mamounia palace, creating a sophisticated 1930s mood. Each bedroom opens to your own private terrace and has its own fireplace, en suite bathroom and internet.
- Chef-style locally prepared breakfast, lunch and bountiful Moroccan evening meals with voluptuous Spanish wines from coastal regions of southern Spain which lie so close to Morocco
- 7 mornings of intensive art workshop instruction with art creation. A break for a wonderful local meal and then afternoon programs of study and travel to places of artistic interest or to the medina for colorful inspiration. Helpful critique of your artwork in the evenings
- All materials including paints, premium brushes, canvas, Arches paper and all other necessary workshop supplies and equipment are provided
- 2 excursion days including a guided camel trek and a visit to the seaside community of Essaouira or the Atlas Mountains
- Intimate art workshop group sizes ranging from 8 to 12 members
- Customized activities for non-painting partners also available
- Pick-up/drop-off to and from Marrakech Menara airport
For Groups: If you are wishing to book an artist workshop tour with your established painting or travel group, we are happy to arrange a specific art workshop course of your choice. Group discounts apply. Simply contact us with your requirements.
Non-painting partners are welcome at a reduced rate and can join us on all our trips and excursions. Optional customized activities are available for non-painting partners during art workshop creative times. 25% per person deposit required to reserve the art workshop. Balance is due five months prior to workshop date.
Dates will be flexible based on your group! Simply inquire by submitting the form and we will provide available artist workshop date options.
PLEASE NOTE: 2018 is now SOLD OUT with the exception of 8 person groups or larger. If you have your own group we can arrange an autumn workshop. Otherwise, please inquire now for 2019!
10 Day Art Workshop Course Price including accommodation and meals:
- Twin/Double room per person - $ Please Inquire
- Single Room (limited number available) - $ Please Inquire
- Does not include airfare or transportation to art workshop location
Taylor Smith has been teaching artist travel workshops for more than 20 years in Europe and the United States. She studied fine art at the Akademie der Bildenun Künste (AdBK) in Berlin and Nürnberg as well as having assisted and participated in far ranging projects with many artists, including Keith Haring / West Berlin 1987.
Drawing upon her many years of living and painting in Europe and exploring Morocco, Taylor Smith offers an immersive art and travel workshop where you will learn masterful abstract art techniques, relax in a beautiful historic home while you enjoy fine wine and professionally prepared local cuisine.
Journey to Morocco and Marrakech for an unbelievable artist workshop adventure in art and travel! Enrich your artistic practice while experiencing historic culture, local cuisine and the beautiful landscapes of the Atlas Mountains and the doorway to the Sahara. Relax and enjoy under the guidance and tutelage of an experienced and compassionate artist, teacher, and fellow traveler!
Request more information or explore a detailed art workshop brochure:
Few countries hold as much dreamy fascination for artists as the beautiful and mystical land of Morocco. Berber tents rise out of the sands of the Sahara. Sapphire seas embrace sugar white beaches. The purple crests of the Atlas Mountains glisten with snow. We will experience all of these sights and more. Adventures in art, architecture and cuisine await us in this magical place. The winding pathways of the Medina transition to the crowded souks filled with vibrant silks and baskets of filled with colorful spices. At the hammam, you can indulge in a massage fragrant with scented oils and seas salt scrubs. Rising from the desert is Marrakech, an oasis of beauty and serenity that will enchant artist travelers looking for inspiration, adventure, rejuvenation, and the artistic experience of a lifetime. Tiled archways and minarets rise over the city, as the muezzin’s call to prayer echoes across the pink and blue sky. Marrakech travel offers so much to the creative soul: mouth-watering local cuisine, fascinating historic sites, artistic treasures at the souks, and treks in the Atlas Mountains. When you visit Marrakech with us, you will not only expand your artistic practice but you will have memories to last a lifetime.
Check out more Artist Travel Workshops