Combine your love of travel, fine art, food & wine into an unforgettable life experience. Taylor Smith artist workshops in California wine country are intimate and personal.
Contemporary small group art workshops with Taylor Smith are a wonderful opportunity for students to immerse themselves in the study of creating artworks within classically beautiful landscapes. With the instruction of a knowledgeable, accomplished, and passionate teacher, you will experience first-hand the best of food, art history and travel.
Experience French chateau life without leaving the USA all in the heart of California wine country. In this Napa Valley workshop, you will be steps from the vineyards while we learn new contemporary art skills including color theory, composition, perspective and many others. We will draw our inspiration from the local landscape and venture to local wineries and other destinations throughout the week. We will explore the art of winemaking to add a colorful and truly new dimension to the works we create. Drawing inspiration from the vineyards, we will incorporate local wine into our new abstract creations. And our home-away-from-home for the week ... oh, my! Our private chateau nestled in the vineyards will be life-changing! A true culinary dream, we will stay in one of Napa Valley’s ultimate treasures. We will also visit the many wineries in the area, explore local contemporary art collections and taste the fresh local foods and treats of California.
What’s included in this artist workshop tour of California Wine Country?
- 7 nights luxury accommodation in historic European style Napa Valley Chateau located a short distance from the beautiful towns of St. Helena & Calistoga in the northern Napa Valley. Your private workshop retreat is literally at the edge of a vineyard and within walking distance to several famous wineries
- Chef-style gourmet breakfast at our chateau, lunch and bountiful evening meals with locally sourced California wines from nearby vineyards
- 5 mornings of intensive art workshop instruction with art creation. A break for a wonderful local meal and then afternoon programs of study and travel to places of artistic interest, including a wine tasting with a master vintner. Helpful critique of your artwork in the evenings
- All materials including paints, premium brushes, canvas, Arches paper and all other necessary workshop supplies and equipment are provided
- Guided tour of local art collection and wineries on excursion day
- Intimate art workshop group sizes ranging from 6 to 10 members
- Customized activities for non-painting partners including cycling tours, cooking classes, vineyard visits, shopping excursions & spa visits
- Pick-up/drop-off to and from San Francisco airport is available but is not included in the workshop price. Your workshop hosts are more than happy to help coordinate any transportation to and from the Napa Valley
For Groups: If you are wishing to book an artist workshop tour with your established painting or travel group, we are happy to arrange a specific course of your choice. Group discounts apply. Simply contact us with your requirements.
Non-painting partners are welcome at a reduced rate and can join us on all our trips and excursions. Optional customized activities are available for non-painting partners during art workshop creative times. 25% per person deposit required to reserve the artist travel workshop. Balance is due five months prior to art workshop departure date.
Dates will be flexible based on your group! Simply inquire by submitting the form and we will provide available date options.
7 Day Artist Workshop Course Price including accommodation and meals::
- Twin/Double room per person - $ Please Inquire
- Single Room (very limited availability) - $ Please Inquire
- Does not include airfare or transportation to art workshop location
Taylor Smith has been teaching artist travel workshops for more than 20 years in Europe and the United States. She studied fine art at the Akademie der Bildenun Künste (AdBK) in Berlin and Nürnberg as well as having assisted and participated in far ranging projects with many artists, including Keith Haring / West Berlin 1987.
Drawing upon her many years of visiting and working directly with the prominent wineries in Napa Valley, Taylor Smith offers an immersive art and travel workshop where you will learn masterful abstract art techniques, relax in a beautiful historic Napa Valley "Chateau" while you enjoy fine wine and professionally prepared local cuisine.
Journey to California for an unbelievable adventure in art and travel! Enrich your artistic practice while experiencing historic culture, local cuisine and the beautiful landscapes of Napa Valley. Relax and enjoy under the guidance and tutelage of an experienced and compassionate artist, teacher, and fellow traveler in a unique and memorable art workshop!
Request more information or explore a detailed art workshop brochure:
Chockablock with world-renowned wineries and inspiring landscapes for artists, Napa has something for everyone: There are hiking trails to spare, relaxing spas and mud baths, hot air balloon rides, art galleries on virtually every corner, cycling tours, cooking schools, a wine train, and its foodies are so passionate that even the cocktails are ethically sourced. With exceptional wineries, farm-fresh food, and sophisticated yet relaxing retreats, it’s no wonder Napa Valley has such abiding appeal. Many assume that the valley is overflowing with vineyards but in reality they occupy only nine percent of the land. There are an abundance of working farms and gardens, and more than 125 restaurants! It is also surely one of the most dynamic food destinations in the country. Perhaps it’s the rustic beauty of the Silverado Trail, which winds its way past miles of vineyards and those unchanging creamy yellow hills. Or the small-town charm of Calistoga & St. Helena with their one-of-a-kind shops. We will without question be surrounded by the bounties of nature while exploring new art techniques. Our Napa Valley artist workshops are truly a restful and refreshing tonic for your artistic soul.
Check out more Artist Travel Workshops